Get Some Exercise
With the shelter and place order, we are all spending a little more time inside, but that doesn’t mean we have to be sedentary! Try out one of these at home workouts...
- Yoga with CorePower
- Home Workout with Planet Fitness--Facebook streaming everyday starting March 23 at 4 p.m.
- Fitness Blender Workouts
- Strong by Zumba
- Body Combat, Body Pump, Barre, cardio training, mindfulness and more.
- Run a Virtual Race
The community is still encouraged to get outside, as long as you follow the social distancing guidelines, which suggest keeping a minimum of six feet distance between you and other people. There are many ways you can still be active, including taking a walk through your neighborhood, hiking a nearby trail, or shooting hoops in your driveway.
City parks are currently open. If you plan to visit a City park, however, please follow social distancing guidelines and note that some park amenities, including restrooms, drinking fountains, and playgrounds, are closed to the public.
Each week, we will be posting virtual challenges for you to do at home with your family. To participate, all you have to do is take a video or picture of you completing the challenge, and use the appropriate hashtag. We will be sharing some of the entries on our Facebook page.
- Baking Challenge: March 21-March 24
- Learn New Things Challenge: March 26-March 29
- Camp From Home: April 4-5
Videos from our instructors
Due to the cancellation of many of our classes, several of our instructors provided videos for you to follow along with at home!
- Play-Well TEKnologies--Facebook Live streams every Tuesday and Thursday at 10 a.m.
- Drawing with Young Rembrandts--How to Draw Emojis
- Classes with Little Medical School
- Ballet Fun with Luana Nietschy
- Zumba with Elisa Borges
For the kids
- Facebook Live Story Time and Crafts-Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday starting March 31.
- Facetime or Skype a playdate
- Teach them things they wouldn’t have the opportunity to learn in school! How to do taxes, change a tire, cook and eat a balanced meal, do laundry, etc.
- Check out one of the many animal live streams
- Make Ice Cream in a Bag
- Make Slime
- Repurpose some plastic water/milk bottles.
- Start a recycled container garden.
- Make rock candy
- Practice math with cards.
- Learn a new language with duolingo.
- Movie & Art Pairing for Kids
Make sure you are using reliable sources for updates on COVID-19. Some good ones are...