Do I need a business license?
A business license is required to conduct business in the City of Concord.
- This includes commercial landlords, residential landlords (renting four or more units), retail outlets, wholesalers, manufacturers and their representatives, service companies, self-employed professionals, independent contractors and home businesses.
- In addition, those conducting business in Concord from an office located outside of Concord, are required to obtain a business license.
Renew Your Business License Online!
- The City of Concord is pleased to offer on-line renewal of your existing City of Concord business license. Most businesses are eligible. To renew on-line, check your business license renewal form for a PIN number, located towards the bottom right of your renewal form.
- If you have trouble logging into the system, please give us a call at 925-671-3307. Office hours are 9am - 12pm and 1pm to 4pm. (Pacific). Renewal notices are sent 30 days prior to the expiration of your business license.
Special Requirements for Specific Business Types
Certified Massage Therapy: Requirements and Regulations
Pursuant to Concord Municipal Code Sections 18-273, the following procedures have been established to obtain a massage therapist permit.
- Massage Therapist Permit Application
- Massage Therapist Medical Form
- Massage Therapist Letter
- Massage Therapist New Applicant Letter
Private Patrol Operators
Concord Municipal Code Sections 54-181 through 54-190 mandate that all Private Patrol Operators contracting services within the City of Concord register their company with the Chief of Police. There are no fees for this registration. However, registration and a City of Concord Business Tax License are required before conducting business within the City. This notice is intended to inform and assist you in this process.
Note: A Business Tax License may be obtained through the web site or City of Concord Finance Department, 1950 Parkside Drive, Concord, CA 94519; phone (925) 671 3307.
Contact: Registration of your company can be accomplished by contacting The Concord Police Department, Field Operations Division at 1350 Galindo Street, Concord, CA 94520; (925) 671-3226.
Solicitors and Peddlers
City of Concord Municipal Code Sections 18-441 through 18-459 mandate that all door-to-door solicitors complete a registration process prior to engaging in this type of business marketing. This registration process is facilitated by the police department located at 1350 Galindo Street, Concord, CA. Please call for Live Scan hours and appointment schedule (925) 603-5863. The following Requirements will assist in the application process:
- Completion of the Solicitor Permit Application,
- Department of Justice Fingerprint scan, (Live Scan)
- City of Concord business license (obtained after application approval),
- All required fees paid
- Tobacco Retailer's License Applications
- Tobacco Retailer License Ordinance brochure: (English | Spanish)
- Concord Municipal Code Section 38-64: Tobacco retailer license required