Solicitors & Peddlers
Requirements and Regulations
City of Concord Municipal Code Sections 18-441 through 18-459 mandate that all door-to-door solicitors complete a registration process prior to engaging in this type of business marketing. This registration process is facilitated by the police department located at 1350 Galindo Street, Concord, CA. Please call for Live Scan hours and appointment schedule (925) 603-5863. The following guide will assist in the application process:
- Completion of the Solicitor Permit Application,
- Department of Justice Fingerprint scan, (Live Scan)
- City of Concord business license (obtained after application approval),
- All required fees paid
Ordinance Highlights at a glance
- All solicitors must have a solicitors permit and City of Concord business license;
- Persons under 18 years of age and working on behalf of a non-profit organization are exempt;
- Persons under 18 years of age engaged in commercial peddling are required to be supervised by a sponsor and also obtain a solicitors permit;
- All applicants are required to get a Department of Justice fingerprint scan;
- Solicitation hours are 9:00 am to 7 pm
- There is absolutely no solicitation allowed at residences with a posted 'No Solicitation' sign.
The complete ordinance can be found at the City of Concord Municipal Code Sections 18-441 through 18-459. Any additional questions should be directed to the Community Service Desk at (925) 671-5087.