Concord's Mission, Vision and Values
On January 31, 1996, the City of Concord adopted the Mission, Vision and Values listed below. Since that time the City has developed many programs and services using the MVV as a foundation. They have stood the test of time and we look forward to continuing to build the City on these beliefs.
Mission Statement for the Organization
Our mission is to join with our community to make Concord a city of the highest quality. We do this by providing responsive, cost-effective, and innovative local government services.
Our Vision for the Future
- We will be a customer based, performance driven, results oriented organization, focused on finding the answer, solving the problem, and achieving positive outcomes.
- We will partner with the Concord community to maximize resources, deliver high quality services, and be recognized as setting the standard for excellence.
- We will be trustworthy guardians of the public's resources.
- We will make Concord a premier business location.
- We will collaborate to provide seamless services that benefit both our external and internal customers, streamlining our work processes and removing barriers wherever they arise.
- We will accept the challenge of change and be committed to continually enhancing the safety, environment, quality of life, and economic vitality of our community.
- We will constantly look for new and better ways to deliver services. We will seek to be innovative, take reasonable risks, learn from our mistakes and always strive for excellence.
- We will welcome diversity in our community and our work place.
- We will conduct our work in an atmosphere of trust, respect and courtesy with open doors and open communication for our customers and each other.
- We will provide ethical, dynamic and effective leadership, establish clear direction and priorities, and model the mission and values in support of our common Vision.
- We will be accountable for our performance and our organization's success, and be recognized for our achievements.
Integrity and Trust - We say what we mean and mean what we say. We honor our word and keep our commitments. We are worthy of the public's and each other's trust.
Commitment to Service - We put our customers first. We respond to our internal customers and treat them with the same courtesy and respect as our external customers. We facilitate, enable, and problem-solve.
Partnerships - We place a high value on building partnerships with members of our community to assure we understand their needs and continue to deliver the services they desire in the most effective manner possible.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement - We strive for excellence in the quality and productivity of our work. We create a work environment in which we look for new solutions and experiment with innovative ways to do things - even if they don't always work the first time. We recognize the need to be dynamic in meeting the community's changing needs. Each and every employee is given the opportunity to develop and grow.
Performance Accountability - We set measurable performance goals which support the priorities of the City and our individual work groups. We are given the necessary authority, training and resources to enable us to achieve these goals. Performance reviews are conducted in a timely and effective manner. Employee advancement and other incentives are based on performance. We are proud of the professionalism, competency and dedication that exist throughout the organization.
Long Range Planning - We conduct long range strategic and financial planning to maximize service delivery and build the economic stability of the City. We practice sound fiscal management to protect the public's resources.
Team Work - We respect each other as individuals, and we take the time and effort to show it. Although certain positions have more decision-making authority, we treat all members of the organization with the same consideration for their ideas and concerns. We really listen to, and give each other honest feedback. We recognize partnerships among work groups and employees as essential to effectively maximizing resources and delivering high quality services.
Individual Worth and Diversity - We recognize and appreciate the uniqueness of each individual. We value the contribution made and the synergy created by different experiences and perspectives. We are committed to treating each and every person within the organization and the larger community with respect and dignity.
Goal 1 Continue to make Concord a desirable place to live, work, and raise a family.
Goal 2Be responsive to the needs of Concord citizens, maintain a high level of customer satisfaction, and provide quality public information and outreach.
Goal 3Promote and improve Concord as a premier location for existing, expanding and new businesses.
Goal 4Ensure a balanced budget for a ten-year planning period with adequate reserves and with adequate replacement funds for buildings and equipment.
Goal 5Preserve and enhance the livability of Concord's residential neighborhoods with opportunities for a broad range of housing options.
Goal 6Offer an array of recreation, leisure and cultural events and programs to meet the needs of citizens of all ages with an emphasis on the well-being of youth.
Goal 7Maintain a safe and efficient traffic circulation system.
Goal 8Have Concord be among the safest cities of comparable size in California and have citizens feel safe in their homes, places of work, and throughout the City.
Goal 9Maintain City parks, recreation facilities, streets, buildings, and other infrastructure to meet high standards of condition and appearance.
Goal 10Guide Concord's development according to the General Plan and manage physical resources based on sound environmental principles.