City of Concord, California

Moving to Concord, California

Whether you are moving from one neighborhood to another neighborhoodin Concord or to Concord from another city, there are details thatneed to be taken care of: water, garbage and recycling, electricityand gas, telephone, Internet connections, cable TV, and newspaperdelivery. Start here to find out more about what you need to do to complete your move.

Finding Housing

If you're looking for a place to live in Concord:

Neighborhoods Information

Information about Concord's numerous neighborhoods is available as well as other information regarding how the City is involved with enhancing these neighborhoods.

Parks and Recreation Activities

Concord offers many activities for its residents. A list of these activities is published quarterly in the Parks and Recreation Activity Guide.


Water service is provided by the Contra Costa Water District. There is a fee for setting up a new account. You may telephone the Customer Service Office at (925) 688-8044 or drop by their office at 1331 Concord Avenue, Concord, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. They will need your name, address, whether you own or arerenting, your employer, and your home and work telephone numbers.For more information visit their web site at

Garbage and Recycling

Every residence is required to have curbside garbage collection. The fees vary depending on size and number of cans you have. Contact Concord Disposal Service at (925) 682-9113 for more information.

There are also many opportunities for Recycling in Concord.

Landlord Guide

Read this guide for a guide to screening your applicants. Landlord Guide.


Pacific Gas and Electric Company provides gas service to Concord residences, businesses, and government agencies. To connect gas service, please call PG&E at 1-800-PGE-5000. A deposit is required to establish service. For more information visit their web site at


MCE, a local, not-for-profit government agency, is the default provider of electrical power to Concord residences, businesses, and government agencies, but still relies on PG&E for billing, transmission, and distribution services. MCE is an opt-out community choice program where electrical accounts are automatically enrolled in the "Light-Green" plan, but customers may opt-out and remain with PG&E for electrical procurement, if they wish. Alternatively, customers can also choose to opt-up to MCE's "Deep Green" 100-percent renewable option or MCE's "Local Sol" 100-percent local solar option. For more information on MCE, please visit

To connect electrical service for both PG&E and MCE customers, please call PG&E at 1-800-PGE-5000. A deposit is required to establish service. For more information visit their web site at


The Contra Costa Times is the local daily paper. Subscribe online or call (925) 933-1717. The Concord Transcript is delivered to Concord residents on Thursdays with the Contra Costa Times.

City of Concord CA