California Water Quality Rules for Development Projects
Provision C.3 of the NPDES
In February 2003, the California Regional Water Quality Control Boards for the San Francisco Bay Region and the Central Valley Region revised Provision "C.3" in the NPDES permit governing storm water discharges from in the City of Concord. The new permit provisions are phased in 2004 through 2006.
The new "C.3" requirements are separate from-and in addition to-requirements for erosion and sediment control and for pollution prevention measures during construction.
Below are links to the Contra Costa Clean Water Program's 2-page and 4-page fact sheets that explain many of the new requirements, Stormwater C.3 Guidebook, and to Planning's application checklist for projects that must comply with C.3.
- Stormwater C.3 Guidebook
- Contra Costa Clean Water Program: background, directives and technical memorandums
- Local BMP Operation and Maintenance (Appendix K)
Local Exceptions and Requirements (Appendix A)
- Local Requirements
- Vector Control Plan (contains guidance on specific BMPs)
- Regional Water Quality Control Board memo on Inlet filters and Oil/Water separators and Attachment 1
- Regional Water Quality Control Board Permit, Order No. R2-2009-0074
- City of Concord Stormwater Ordinance